Saturday 18 May 2013

Thinking is easier than Doing

 ArtSkool has set us a summer project which i think I may explore thru the medium of dance.......as they say.  The above pic [dunno where it comes from which will not please the tutors] is very satisfying and I hope to paint something like, if I can choose an approach...........guess it is based on old Matisse' painting

 I would like to introduce some of the whimsy of Eileen Cooper to some of the work

 These figures that I have made recently will dance round a ruined tower I think.........

 Magdalena Abromovitch [I think I may have missed an itch or two] does these monumental figures, but the sculpture room at ArtSkool has a very laddish hard edged atmosphere which I think may be intimidating, making figures at home is possible but transportation is a problem.

 Kiki Smith has many and various explorations of the female
 Munch is not too hopeful in his Dance of Death...............
 Picasso says just get on with it!!

3 comments:

carol said...

That's a lovely collection of variations on a theme. Watching a programme on Wagner recently I can imagine the Valkyries might provide you with some grist. (never slight figures since opera singers tend to be voluptuous.'

stitching and opinions said...

good thinking

Gillian said...

And there is a ballet group actually called... The Big Ballet... but they are more like caricatures, a la Beryl Cook, than real like yours.
Look forward to seeing it all develop.
Cheers Gillian