Wednesday 2 October 2013

my wall

Had a tutorial, we each had one over two days, not quietly and privately, in front of the whole group.  That's something one has to get used to in ArtSkool, public humiliation.
Pretty Man wasn't very helpful, he has long ago burnt out his soul on the altar of teaching and now just floats, occasionally reconnecting briefly with his lost energies when he sees a young man creating something manly.
 Loud females like me rustle his feathers.
Grumpy Man is much more helpful as he is still interested in Art, if not the artist. Tells me to take down the 3 orange and blue, and concentrate on developing what's left.  Tough but true.
Feel like I have raced up a hill, and then screeched to a halt looking down a cliff.........what to do......who knows.
Have to take part in a group seminar on the Source of ideas, using Doug Aitken as a focus for thoughts. Who he, you may well ask.  Turns out he is a brash American (there are other kinds )who has recently had a Happening. Thought I had finished with those in 60s.  His took the form of a train chuffing across the States, stopping at stations to do Art/Performance/Music/collaborating with sundry and all. Very sparkley.. ......
Went to see Woody Allen's Jasmine film. As they say, repeatedly, Cate Blanchett does a tour de force. Not sure it was about anything very deep, but as Him Indoors says (who didn't see it) it was probably well observed.


2 comments:

Gillian said...

I don't think I could do public raw criticism. At social artklass we are all supportive and kindly in our own way.
Mind you we may need to be like that. The truth is not what we want.
March forward bravely and keep the blue and orange for an exhibition of your "blue and orange period" which will sell like hotcakes one day.
Cheers Gillian

Unknown said...

I've lost access to my blogger dashboard and the other blogs in which I kept my writings - am very angry but no amount of banging of keys has brought it back. All the fault of gmail changed the settings, refused to recognise me or my open blog, when S got me an account with them (Ive closed it now!) Taken this as the universe telling me to shut the f up!

I shall keep following you so please keep going.